Thursday, May 21, 2009

CB I Hate Perfume "Violet Empire"


I swear, it feels almost redundant to test CB perfumes. I suggest you go to his site, read all of his descriptions of his perfumes. They're so spot-on, I can't actually read them until I've already written my own impression, because otherwise I feel like I'm just cheaply parroting him.

Violet Empire is a gentle, airily sweet scent on me. It almost defies its floral moniker -- the feeling I get off of this is much more tactile. The velvet of moss, the warmth of sun. But it's a gentle sensation, not a sleepy one, because I also get a whiff of something sharper and brighter that keeps me awake: mint? Anise? The violet itself is under everything, but definitely underneath, and sometimes totally obscured by the notes on top.

I suspect that there's no sillage to this at all, but purposefully. "Violet Empire" is regal: the scent doesn't come to you, you come to it. Not flashy, not loud, but unlike anything I've smelled so far. No one would smell this on you unless they were close. It's like an aura that swirls around the wearer, full of vague implication but no direct statements. Understated and curiously powerful.

Verdict: You could wear this anywhere, absolutely anywhere. And to me, it smells like an alternate, hidden dimension.

1 comment:

W29 Showroom said...

Hi!

CB I Hate Perfume were represented at W29 Showroom. We have a new perfume brand, Etat Libre d'Orange. ELO is an avant-garde fragrance liberated and freed of any taboos. With suggestive names like Putain des Palace (Hotel Slut), Je Suis un Homme (I am a Man), Jasmin et Cigaratte- the perfume is not for the sake of being provocative - but to provoke senses.

For further information you can email me at fashionintern@W29showroom.com

You can check on our blog http://w29showroom.blogspot.com/