Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ghost de Lopez!


Totally unexpected side-effect of collecting perfume samples and then storing them incorrectly: at some point during my London-Reykjavik-Boston hop, I managed to knock the top off one of those daft little bottles of "Still" that salesman foisted on me a few months ago. This bottle was lurking at the bottom of my backpack, which at the time was also serving double duty as the guardian of my laptop.

What I'm saying is that my iBook marinated in "Still" for at least three days and two plane rides, and now it wafts up at me every time I open the damn thing.

Could be worse, obviously. I could have accidentally left a bottle of "Angel" in there, I suppose. But still! Very! Unnerving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Eliza, are you getting settled? Can't be much fun moving just before the holidays! Looking forward to hearing from you again and wishing you, and the lovely people who visit your blog as well, a warm and happy Christmas ~ Kindest regards,
Lydia

Anonymous said...

Eliza!

Have you given up the blog? If so, it's a shame. You've got a gift for writing and certainly a better understanding of fragrance than most. Blogging can steal a lot of time. Luca Turin has just ended his at the first of the year, much to the dismay of many, so if it's gotten to be too much to deal with, you're in good company. How about an update?

Best wishes,
Lydia in Phoenix

Eliza said...

Oh no, Turin stopped? That's a shame.

I promise, this stoppage has been circumstance rather than lack of desire. But I think I've sorted both supply and environment, so am just about to post a couple now.

I have every intention of continuing in at least some fashion until they either run out of perfumes or I move to Antarctica and can't get the samples anymore!