Friday, August 05, 2005

Jo Malone "Amber & Lavender"


This is billed as "unisex". Yeah, not so much.

I smell like a boy. To be precise, a sexy man who's just on his way out the door in the morning to his job in the city, straightening his tie around his crisp white collar, all shaving creamy and aftershavey and minty. In other words, an absolutely maddeningly wonderfully sexy scent. On my boyfriend. Not on my wrist.

Apparently Jo created this for her husband, which certainly makes sense, as it is exactly what would cause you to make your boyfriend (very) late for work. Canadianne thinks it's brilliant, but agrees that it's really more masculine than I can carry off (which hasn't stopped her from grabbing and sniffing my wrist every time I walk past). There's a touch of something arid and liquorice in here, and maybe even fern.

To be honest, I might pick up a couple more testers of this scent; even though I'd never wear it out of the house, it is a really crisp and attractive cologne that would probably be nice and twisty worn on a night in. In the meantime, I'm going to attack some male friends with samples and see how they fare.

Won't make the mistake of wearing it out again, though -- I've been getting some double-takes just walking through the office, and I'm not sure if people think I've just mauled an attractive man in the lifts or if they're all spontaneously questioning their sexuality.

Verdict: Absolute sex in a bottle on the right guy. Yowza.

No comments: