Thursday, August 04, 2005

Ormonde Jayne "Tolu"



This goes on strong and a little bit alarming, but swiftly dies down to a nice, pleasant scent. Nothing special on me, though it has lasted absolutely ages. Warm and sweet but not at all sugary, it's a mature floral powder that doesn't get too girly or too grannish. Unfortunately is does get a shade mumsy, which is why I won't be making this a staple in my mid-20s. Maybe in another couple of decades when I'm looking for a clean, mature talc.

Verdict: Long-lasting powder with underlying florals, but not young enough for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the new one ISFAHAN? I think it's been renamed ISFARKAND now actually to avoid any confusion with nuclear testing sites!! But my bottle says the former - anyway it started as a men's perfume but I think Ormonde Jayne have now admitted it's gender free! It's fascinatingly and cool and fresh and just the ticket for summer. I was thinking of getting some for Mr but i don't like the thought of wearing the same scents, so it had to be for me - and the sweet Scottish girl in the shop told me that Bryan Ferry loves it and has written them three fan letters about it!