Monday, August 01, 2005

Kenzo "Flower"


Oh, my.

I got this one off of Canadianne, who just happened to have a tiny sample bottle in her purse. She was already wearing the "Romance" she'd gotten off of me, so I went solo on the "Flower" testing. It's a shame, because now I'm very curious as to how it smells on her, because on me? Eeeeh.

It kicked off with a smell that reminded me of nothing more than high-end industrial bathroom cleaner. You know how you walk into the bathroom at the Four Seasons and it's clearly just been cleaned because you smell talc and flowers everywhere? On the scale of the various ways bathrooms could smell, it's one of the better options -- but in the bathroom where you can leave it behind, not on me. The high-end bathroom (complete with soapy, angular elements) then turned into someone's frail grandmother. Then into a baby-changing table. Then those little Italian doughball cookies that are almost sickly-sweet and leave a film on your tongue.

In other words, "Flower" is not a happy scent on my wrist. I love the bottle and I occasionally liked the sweet-baby-powder element, but then it went all twee on me and I couldn't take it anymore. Hopefully Canadianne will wear it in sometime soon and I'll be able to tell you if her skin cuts out some of the more aggressive sugary notes and turns up an actual flower or two.

Verdict: Part cradle, part grave, and for me all wrong

No comments: